"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday 9 July 2010

Induction Day


This month has been such a momentous month for me. The plots in my life episodes are changing quite rapidly. What bothers me is how i am being quite lackadaisical towards these poignant moments outwardly, not expressing the feelings i ought to. But the truth is, deep inside i am on a constant emotional ride. A few days back my boys and I attended nunu’s induction day and all the while there was this huge lump in my throat. My tear reservoir was full threatening to overflow. It was just the thought of my favourite little person going to school in his cute little uniform, with his cute little bag made it an overwhelming experience for me.  
We had a little tour of the school and sat down to discuss about the school’s policy and whatnots. I was presented with 3 sheets filled with detailed questions all regarding nunu ranging from his favourite books, favourite colour, habits, favourite toy, favourite thing to talk about (I instantly said food!) hobbies to his ability to dress himself. It was extremely detailed, imagine almost 30 questions altogether! I was so taken aback and in the same time very pleased at how particular the school is with every child. I was even told that each child will be assigned to a particular person that will attend to the child’s needs and necessities.
It was a lot to take in for the first few minutes but I survived the induction. Nunu was of course absolutely thrilled and fell in love with his classroom instantaneously. The classroom was beautifully decorated with bright sunny colours that could cheer me up any day. There was a painting corner at one side, a reading corner on the other and cute little chairs and desks for the children. I could just picture nunu in the classroom, engross in a drawing or a book with his eyebrows furrowing deep in concentration. I wish I could have these little moments recorded so I won’t miss a single thing. Now here is me, being absurd and contemplating on something that is beyond the bounds of possibility again.
There was a lot of adversity from people when they found out that I intended to send nunu to a private Islamic school at first. Some said the teachers there are not qualified, they will be academically behind compared to the children in state school and many more negative feedback. But the moment I walked into the building, I was gripped by the sight of these little people in the middle of performing their zuhur prayers praying behind an imam that was no more than 3 feet tall and he was reciting the surahs beautifully. That was the underlying moment for me when I knew in my heart that I have made the right choice.  I believe that a strong foundation is the ultimate key. I want good values to be instilled in nunu and preserve him as much as I am able, god willingly.
my little man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment