"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Wednesday 11 August 2010

I can't do anything that's everything all on my own

I am in my room with my thoughts as my sole companion and I cannot describe how incandescently gratified I am at the moment. It’s been an absolute tumultuous week and my feet have been threatening to stop functioning. Looking after the poorly is very energy consuming. My working hour’s starts very early in the morning, as early as 2am and continues throughout the whole day till night, round the clock. I don’t really mind the long hours but what I do mind is whining patients or what I really meant was.. whining 7 year olds. This particular 7 year old happens to whine about everything. From medicine, eating, drinking even the act of soaking his feet in Epson salt starts up with a whine and ends in a bloody whimper. And this just drives me bloody batty. Even a bloody sick 3 year old is not giving me this much grieve. See how many ‘bloody’ there is already? I am starting to get really, really miff. There goes my ‘incandescently gratified moment’ out the window. Grrr.

What I need is a trip to a pastoral countryside, inhaling clean crisp air and gentle breeze caressing my face. I just find great discomfort in being tailed after everywhere I go. And I do not respond very well to clingy and attention craving being. I feel like I’m being smothered all over and surprisingly not by my own son who happens to be under the weather too. Staying calm and collected is starting to get really arduous. But since I value my sanity more than anything else, I am doing my best to keep things under control. I entreated all the positive energy out there to enfold my mind and keep it encased until this hurdle is over. I can’t believe a 7 year old is causing all this lamentation. I never thought I could get more frivolous than this. Damn.

However, today is the first day of Ramadhan and I only have pleasant thoughts for today. It will be a better day, hopefully. I intend to get as much rest and rejuvenate my aching body. Dying to go for a deep intense massage but I should know very well that it won’t be possible at the moment. Apart from this, I do feel that things have been made easy for me. I was actually quite distraught thinking about nunu’s circumcision but thank god he was already his usual self the very next day. And he hasn’t been a bother at all. I kept him clean as best as I could as I shuddered at the possibility of an infection. Alhamdulillah, he is back on track and already dragooning the household. Every day I look forward to his endless levity. He has just got a tendency of blurting out a wisecrack unknowingly. Lol.

Right, I’ve a strong urge to apologize for this entry is again, a messy one. My entries are mirrors to my thoughts, you see. And lately, my thoughts are cut and paste excerpts of many things. A gamut of things from A to Z but an exegesis is not quite necessary. It’ll be a traumatic experience for you if you knew what goes on in my bloody thick skull. I think today’s ramblings should end here. I am starting to sound completely doltish and my heavy lids are in need of some rest. Take care, everyone and have a pleasant week ahead! xxx


my brave little soldier :)

6 comments:

  1. well told ya, babysitting never gonna be easy. But i think u are better than me ok. Kalau i kesian dah hamba Allah sorang tu. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol kene kurung dalam bilik air agaknye :P but i'm glad its all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive asked u this before, and im gonna try my luck again this time. YOU NEED TO DE-STRESS, LET'S GO SPA! that goes without saying, i'd be more than happy to accompany you there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to, i reaaally do. tapi who's gonna help at home? my mom pun bukannya larat sgt dah. plus opah is here. takkan aku nak cabut mcm tu je. but thanks again for asking :) xx

    ReplyDelete