"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday 4 October 2010

Teddy turns 31

My permanent housemate Teddy, of five phenomenal-euphoric-crazy years has turned thirty one! This year's birthday celebration was nothing like the previous year. This year was such a monumental birthday, for Teddy had the absolute joy of scrubbing the toilet bowl, bleaching the bath tub and doing the laundry. It was indeed a joyous moment for Teddy when he saw the gleaming bathroom and the clothes washed and dried. Contentment filled up his soft teddy-like heart and he was such in a convivial mood!


Moments after the laborious hard work, Teddy heard a funny sound that sounded like a rumble. He wondered where that sound came from not knowing that it was coming from his own tummy. Poor Teddy, he was really quite famished! Being the nice, thoughtful and loving housemate that I am, I treated Teddy to Pizza Hut. Teddy ate to his heart's content and rubbed his full tummy contently. His chin was covered with breadcrumbs and he had the most blissful expression plastered on his chubby face. He muttered words of appreciation for the treat and grinned happily.


The next day, it occurred to me that I did not even get Teddy a birthday cake! It gave me such a rueful feeling inside. Though Teddy never complained, but I thought of doing something nice for him once in a while. I was meaning to bake a cake for him but never had the chance to. Right after circuit training, I went to the cake shop and got Teddy a slice of strawberry cheesecake -  a favourite of his.When I got home, he was quite surprised when he saw it. About five seconds later, he gave me a tiny shy smile. Teddy has always been little with words but deep inside, I knew his teddy-like heart was blooming - still is I think. He's been washing up the dishes and very much in a lively mood!


I'm glad I've made Teddy's day. It might not be an elaborate birthday for Teddy, but I think it is sufficient  for him to know that he is still very much cherished after all these years. We enjoyed the little private moments together and most importantly, I am glad Teddy is still my 'housemate' and I pray that he will always be till the day death do us apart. Quite impossible to live with but I truly, most definitely cannot live without :)


Teddy and Troll :)

4 comments:

  1. may Allah bless your small but beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best post. ;D very the sweeetttt! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, anon! *turns crimson red*

    ReplyDelete