"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday 24 June 2010

Self Pampering

life, as we all know it will never be like a mapped route. at times it will grab us by our collar, throw us off our chair and sometimes cause our chin to quiver. and when life gets a tad bit too overwhelming, most of us will go on a quest for solace. i consider myself quite fortunate as my quest for solace is less than 10 steps away from my bed. it is my so called sanctuary where i regain my senses. a haven that dissolves the ache, dolefulness and sorrow. so when the crotchetiness threatens to surface, my other half will usually run the hot water and push me in there.



he'll dazzle me with a few drops of natural foam bath to aromatise the tub which also acts as a pampering agent to the skin. the feeling of submerging into the deliciously hot bubbly scented water is pure and utter bliss. it literally feels like all my letdowns are melting off my shoulder and i feel better instantly. eminently therapeutic in every sense of the word and exceedingly convenient too. half an hour usually does the trick and i'll come out from my hide out very much less crotchety and almost an entirely different person. no more tight lipped monster waiting to pounce at any given chance.



the pampering doesn't end here, though. after the hot bubble bath it would be time to slather every inch of the skin with rich and creamy body lotion that smells completely divine. i've always been an ardent fan of victoria secret since i could remember and they never disappoint. then of course,followed by a spritz of my favourite scent that would surreptitiously make the whole therapeutic experience complete. this is by far, one of the best therapy i've known that doesn't burn a hole in the pocket. expect a sudden rise in your water bill, though. but it is considered as an inexpensive way to pamper yourself plus it is way better than retail therapy i might say. you should know that this statement is coming from i, the retired shopaholic. 


give it a try and you'll know what i mean. but if the weather is scorching outside, don't be a simpleton and try this out. i suggest having a cold shower or a swim instead.

2 comments:

  1. you take yummy mummy to another level, niz! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's pure exaggeration, but thank you anyways! xx

    ReplyDelete