"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Saturday 5 June 2010

Hocus Pocus Backfired

i have always found my other half's ability to decode my cryptic line of thoughts (i warned you about my fling with exaggeration) very enthralling. wait, i beg to differ. he finds me very ambiguous most of the time actually. but what i was meant to say was, he seems to understand my needs very well. for instance, when i was absolutely seduced by a bottle of bvlgari rose essential. but because i am naturally a very shy and timid person (citation needs not to be confirmed) i kept my desires well locked in my heart. i was prepared to face bvlgari rose essential and discontinue our impending love affair. then one day, i discovered a bvlgari rose essential in a shopping bag next to my bed. i think i went partially up the moon. well okay, the reason i didn't go right up the moon was because of a previous little squabble we had the night before. details will not be spared, thank you very much.

wow, a whole paragraph about bvlgari rose essential. you see how enamoured i was/am till today? but that wasn't the only mind reading my other half did. there was numerous occasions when he would surprise me with his magical ability to know my needs at that given time. there was the nike trainers, the steak house, chocolate cakes, clothes washed+dried+ironed, house cleaned and etc. by now you must think that i am a lady of great needs. well i'm not going to deny the fact that i am one, only i don't make it always apparent by telling him dead straight. most of the time i don't, i only drop a nuclear bomb when he becomes a complete obtuse and needs a thump. 

however lately, i am starting to think that he is losing his magical ability to read my mind rather accurately. allow me to enlighten you with the story. i have been desiring for a longchamp bag recently. but as usual, this desire i didn't make known hoping that his mind would pick up the strong signals i was sending nonstop. i was literally thinking about the bag the whole week! that should be sending him very strong signals right? not. he definitely got me a bag. i didn't say he's lost his ability to read my mind entirely but he got me the wrong bag. mr mind reader got a donna karan cashmere bag for me instead. now where did that hail from? i was certain that the visuals i had in my mind was a luscious longchamp hobo although i wasn't quite sure about the colour yet but that is besides the point. the point is, he got the wrong bag. but being the grateful wife that i am (citation needs not to be confirmed) i just gave him a big grin and a mouthful of thank you. sigh. 

and that wasn't the only blunder. one time i was hoping to change my phone because it decided to be a barking bitch on me. so i was contemplating on getting an iphone and was about to send signals to him when he caught me off guard and got me a macbook pro instead. it is getting quite ridiculous i must say and i've a feeling i need to start voicing out my needs specifically soon. which i know will be so difficult for me due to my very shy (choke, if you must) and timid nature. it's just that there won't be much fun anymore. where is the surprise in asking for gifts? half of it is already gone just by the act of asking. sigh. oh well, at least he's still playing his role as a thoughtful husband (thank god he won't be reading this) and i truly am beholden for it. i really am. right, enough rattling for today, i am off to ready myself for our little trip to lancashire. hope you'll have a nice weekend yourself :))

No comments:

Post a Comment