"Now I know the things I know, and I do the things I do; and if you do not like me so, to hell, my love, with you!"
Dorothy Parker
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Mummy, dog doesn't like it!

it was quite a sunny day today so nunu, my cousin and i decided to go for a walk. we walked towards humberstone park and took in the lush greenery that sprawled before our eyes. we were really enjoying the walk when out of a sudden, a big black dog sprinted across the park towards us and tried to go for nunu. there was this jolt in my heart and i was delirious. i was trying so hard to keep nunu away from the dog and i was so certain that if anyone was to be bitten that day, i would let it
 be me. my cousin managed to grab nunu during the madness and held him up high.

it all happened in a split of a second and the dog just stopped trying and ran off. i wasn't really sure wether it was due to our vociferous NO's but most importantly, it stopped and left. my breath was staggered and i've never experienced such an adrenaline rush in my entire life. i turned to see nunu if he was alright. he was still held up by my cousin and to my surprise, there wasn't a trace of fear on his little face. all that came out from his mouth was, "mummy, dog doesn't like it!". at that moment, i was just too overwhelmed to decipher what he was trying to say until much later. when i found out what he was trying to tell me, i was absolutely and utterly flabbergasted. 

what seemed like an attack to me, appeared to be like a friendly gesture to nunu. what he was really saying was, don't say no to the dog he doesn't like it. i was stupefied. no, i was beyond stupefied. i couldn't rationalise my thoughts and i wasn't certain anymore of what i saw. i am a bit puzzled though, if the dog was attempting an attack, why wasn't it barking ferociously? maybe it was just trying to get to nunu to nuzzle him. oh, i don't know.. thinking of it just peeves me now. it just seemed a bit jeopardous at that time, or so i thought.

put all that aside i am glad that no mishaps happened. (though mummy is a little bit traumatised but that's a minor.) i learned a very poignant lesson today as a mother. once, my grandma told me a similar story. only in her version, the dog actually sank its teeth into the flesh of her thigh in her attempt to save my uncle. when she shared her experience then, i couldn't really relate (mind you i was a dimwitted 10 year old at that time) but i found it very stupendous, of course. but now, i can fathom the act of sacrifice that any mother would do for her child. a natural reflex you extemporaneously master once you embrace the title, mother

4 comments:

  1. lol yeah even with trembling legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh but betol jugak kan. if u think about it, nunu might be right. maybe the dog was just trying to play with him, not attack him! but then again, at that very moment, i would do the same thing as u did! my hugs and kisses to nunu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know..but the way it was pounding towards us just scared the shit out of me! in my head aku asik terkenang crite opah kene gigit anjing :S

    ReplyDelete